.WMV format so that the client would be able to watch the video on their PC OS without any trouble.
Throughout the rest of the week, I worked mainly on the development of a motion graphic (bug) to be placed at the bottom of live broadcasts throughout the upcoming months. The bug was for a contest to win an HDTV during a Sports Broadcast. Considering I was sick most of the week, my advisor gave me the website I needed to get an adequate amount of information and the Fox News Graphic. I saved the graphic from the website, then converted the graphic to a .tif file to ensure transparency when I placed it on the alpha channel in Adobe After Effects.
First, I built the needed graphics to create my news bug in Adobe Illustrator. I set the gradient backgrounds at 90 degrees and added varying shades of color to create the illusion of a brushed metal surface. Then I made sure to save the files out with a transparent background in .png format. I also took a picture of an HDTV and cut out the background to place alongside my banner.
keyframed the length of the beam emanating from the middle in around 15 frames. Then, I added noise and a static weak signal motion to the Fox News Graphic to make it appeal as if it had a distorted grainy signal. After I did this, I keyframed the unfurling of the graphics I created in Adobe Illustrator so they came from behind the graphic to set a stage for my text.